Dealing with a gnarly clogged drain? Leave the dirty work to our plumbing professionals.
Dealing with a clogged drain is an all-too-familiar challenge for homeowners. One of the leading causes of clogged drains is the gradual accumulation of debris. Hair, soap scum, and food particles silently gather, creating problematic blockages. Additionally, foreign objects inadvertently finding their way down the drain can lead to unexpected obstructions. It’s essential to be mindful of what enters your drains to prevent these issues.
What to do when your drain is clogged
Dealing with a clogged drain can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take to address the issue:
- Gentle Plunging: A plunger, when used with a tight seal and firm plunging, can effectively dislodge minor clogs.
- Natural Solutions: Combine baking soda and vinegar for a chemical-free approach to breaking down minor clogs.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: While chemical drain cleaners may offer a quick fix, they can be harsh on your plumbing. Opt for safer alternatives to protect your pipes.
Should your attempts to clear the clog prove unsuccessful, Staten is here to help. Our clogged drain services include a thorough inspection using advanced tools to identify the root cause of the clog. For stubborn blockages, we employ hydro jetting, a high-pressure water jetting method that efficiently clears obstructions and restores proper drainage. Additionally, our rooter services are effective in cases where tree roots infiltrate your pipes.
How to Prevent Future Clogs
Taking proactive measures can minimize the risk of future clogs:
- Install Drain Screens: Place screens over drains to catch hair and debris before they enter the pipes.
- Mindful Grease Disposal: Rather than pouring grease down the drain, let it cool and dispose of it in the trash.
- Routine Maintenance: Schedule regular plumbing maintenance to detect potential issues before they escalate.
Don’t let a clogged drain disrupt your daily routine. Contact us today for prompt and professional drainage services in Greenville, South Carolina and the surrounding areas in Upstate South Carolina. We’re committed to ensuring your plumbing system functions seamlessly.